Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday in the Sunshine

Yesterday started as most of our Saturdays do; sleeping in, making breakfast (waffles!!) then deciding what to do for the day. We got stuff together to take to the recycle center then had no real plans for the rest of the day, other than knowing we had to get out in the sunshine! (I say this because if I had known that we were going to do some many fun things and go so many fun places, I would have brought my camera and not relied on my phone...)

First, to Dunkin Donuts to get a chocolate covered creme filled for me, and...

...chocolate chocolate for J.

Then downtown:




These cards at Blue Skies were cracking me up! I immediately handed this one to Jason with a smirk on my face...

And then there was this one:

Then on to my main destination in our downtown extravaganza: Julie Darling Donuts! I got the icing covered blueberry cake donut and Jason got a peach filled donut! Mmmmm... (yes, you noticed correctly that we had donuts twice yesterday)

Then we walked towards the Northshore area, went into the Knitting Mill Antiques, Rock Creek, Greenlife, New Moon... you know, made the rounds.

Then it was back to the car to move it to the other side of the bridge and ride the electric shuttle around a bit!

We stopped at Sweet Peppers Deli for a late lunch, since neither of us had eaten there before. It was yummy, similar to McAlister's I guess.

Then we decided to go to the Aquarium! We haven't been in a few years, so we figured it was about time. :)

Jason petting the sturgeon fish...

Me petting the sturgeon fish.

The penguins! Sadly, they weren't as active as the river otters (which were way too playful for my phone to capture). Then there was the butterfly garden - beautiful! No picture though, I kinda forgot.

Big scary jellyfish... soooooo cool. There were really huge ones and the tiniest baby ones.

After leaving the aquarium we went to the IMAX where we saw Under the Sea in 3D which was pretty cool, but don't tell Jason that I fell asleep...

Whew! I'm still exhausted!!! It was such a fun, long day and I sure do love my hubby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails