First of all, HIIIIIII!!!! I won't even begin to try to update you on the last 10 months since my final post. Let's just start with where we are right now.
Yup! You read correctly! We are expecting another blessing in May 2015! My big boys are looking forward to being big brothers. Jack turned 3 in July and Miller will be 20 months this weekend (they will be 2 and almost 4 when Baby comes).
We found out I was pregnant a few days before leaving for Disney World, which is just hilarious because that's what happened LAST TIME! I am 11 weeks today and everything so far has been smooth sailing.
Three weeks ago we had our first ultrasound and announced to the world that we were expecting! Our doctor showed us a small, dime-sized spot on one of our ultrasound pictures and said that it was blood and that I might experience some light spotting over the next few weeks, but it was nothing to be worried about.
Monday evening I had a sudden feeling that I had started my period, rushed to the bathroom to discover that I was bleeding a lot. Jason had just left to go work out, so I called him panicked and he came home right away. This was not light spotting! I was very nervous and worried about our sweet baby. We ended up going to the ER and an ultrasound revealed that the baby was doing fine! Strong heartbeat, punching and kicking - the doctor's words were "Looks like he's doing fetal Crossfit in there!" which was hilarious. What a relief!
The next day, Tuesday, we had a follow up appointment with my doctor, and I really hadn't prepared myself for anything negative, since everything looked so good on the ultrasound the night before. She did another u/s and showed us a large dark spot on the monitor. She said it was a subchorionic hematoma (SCH), like the small sac of blood from before, but this one was much larger. It was actually the same size as the gestational sac which concerned the doctor. She said if it were to all come out at once, it would be like passing a blood clot the size of a baseball. Okay, doc, you've got my attention. There is nothing they can do because anything they would attempt could do more harm to the baby than good. The only option is just to wait, monitor, and pray. Which our doctor did with us, right there in the room.
We put out a Facebook update after our appointment Tuesday, asking for prayers from our family and friends. The outpouring of love we have received has been overwhelming.
So that is where we are right now. We will go back on Wednesday for another ultrasound. The BEST case scenario is that the SCH absorbs and the baby continues to grow and thrive as normal. Other options are that I will have episodes of bleeding as the SCH releases, and the alternative, I will not let myself dwell on too much. I know there is a chance I won't ever get to hold this baby, but my sweet friend Emily told me to take it a day at a time and think "I'm pregnant today and I love this baby."
Please keep our family in your prayers and we are asking God for a miracle!