Thursday, February 14, 2013

Baby #2 - {Thoughts In the Last Month}

This pregnancy has FLOWN by!! And then again, I feel like I've been pregnant forever (isn't that true for so many things?). We found out we were expecting a new family member on the morning we left for our Disney vacation, just 2 weeks after Jack turned 1, and a week after Jack's 1st birthday party.

It wasn't long before we found out that we would be meeting another precious boy come March! 3/13/13 sounded so far away back then! Now we are less than a month away from Little Brother's due date... And we are SO READY!

I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions pretty regularly for a month or two, but no other major issues/labor signs UNTIL this past weekend. On Saturday, we were driving around town, about 15 minutes from home, and my back started KILLING ME!! No matter how I tried to wiggle and squirm, I couldn't get comfortable - it was frustrating! So when we got home, I laid down - I could either stand or lay down, I couldn't sit in a regular seated position comfortably, and it lasted about 30 minutes. So that was Saturday.

Then on Sunday, I had what felt like period cramps, which is what it felt like when I had my first contraction with Jack - WHAT?! I wasn't even 36 weeks yet!! This lasted about 6-7 minutes then turned into the hideous back pain for a while, so I had to go lay down again. Every day since then I have had one or the other (or both), but nothing has been measurable/timeable, so we're not really concerned that he's on his way yet.

I go this Monday for my 36 week appointment and will get "checked", which is officially the worst part of the last month appointments. I will be interested to see if I have progressed at all, but other than that I would love to avoid it completely. Amen.

My doctor is out all next week, so Little Brother can either come right now or in two weeks. :) Jason and I were talking and we both can't imagine him coming in February - we feel like he is supposed to be a March baby. But of course, we will be thrilled if he comes today! Anyway, just wanted to get some of these ramblings out in a post before my pregnant mommy brain forgets it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails