Monday, February 11, 2013

Our Mornings Lately

Most every weekday morning, Jack wakes up right before Jason leaves for work. Daddy gets him and brings him into our room, so me and my baby can snuggle! 

We say bye to Daddy and within 1 minute of him leaving, Jack says "Watch a mi-mouse?" which, of course, means he wants to watch Mickey Mouse on Mommy's phone. I don't mind this at all, because usually I can catch a few more Zzzz's while he is otherwise occupied. This lasts anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, depending on how zonked I am and how compliant he is. :)

I have been stopping myself and just soaking in the moments the last week or so. 

It won't always be like this. Heck - it won't be like this in a month! We will have a sweet, squishy newborn to share our time with!! (And we can't wait!)


But for now, I will savor every early morning snuggle and all the alone time I'm getting with my firstborn. Because I blinked my eyes and he's not a baby anymore!

He's practically a grown man, already.

1 comment:

  1. Soak it up girl! You will be busy for the next couple months trying to adjust. And I have always done the same thing in the mornings since Garyn was his age. But he usually went back to sleep for me :) Tyler probably leaves earlier than Jason though (6:30ish), Now I am working on Ansley...if she wakes after 7 we are usually up but anytime before that I can get her to go back to sleep with me! This will come in handy when the baby comes! (for you too!)

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails