Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bad Meal, Good Muffins

So last night I prepared a wonderful dinner... green beans, mashed potatoes, and pork tenderloin. In fact, I told my mom on the phone, "Doesn't pork tenderloin just sound fancy? And like a lot of trouble? But it's so easy!"

I had to eat my words.

I made the WORST pork tenderloin. Ever. Not fully cooked. Yeesh. I tried to play off the "When Rachel Ray does it, it's pink in the middle..." But not so much. It was bad. And I would have just put it back in the oven for a little longer, but the last time I did that and it totally dried up - another kind of yuck. So while I sulked at my terrible meal, Jason took the meat and pan fried it, so we could actually consume food for dinner. (Thanks honey!)

So enough about that, let's talk about the AMAAAAAAZING banana muffins I made on Sunday instead!! I wanted to use Emily's recipe, but I didn't have baking powder on hand, so I searched for another recipe and found a winner! Yuuuuuuuuuuuum. We still have 2 left, but not for long. :)

Banana Muffins (or Banana Bread)
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (I used 4 whole bananas)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350*.
  2. Lightly grease muffin tins (or put paper cups in). 
  3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
  4. In a mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
  5. Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into muffin tins (or in loaf pan). 
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes (I think it's more like 60 minutes for the loaf), let them cool and ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails