Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Purge

After a two day trip to Arkansas, I came home with one mission in mind for this weekend: PURGE PURGE PURGE!!! My parents' church is having a Garage Sale to benefit the Youth's summer mission trips, so I thought it would be the perfect time to round up all the stuff I don't "know to be useful" or "believe to be beautiful" and get rid of it!

So I started in my closet and got rid of the following: 
11 sweaters
7 tops
6 tshirts
3 pairs of dress pants
3 pairs of shoes
1 jacket
1 sweatshirt
1 pair of shorts
1 skirt
1 robe
35 things!

Next it was the nursery closet, where I had been storing things that didn't have homes (aka wedding gifts that may not have been on our registry... things we didn't use). Next was the hall linen closet and then the kitchen/dining room and by this point I had probably 6-7 bags of things to get rid of. 

THEN I went downstairs where the real nightmare is. It was (finally) time to get rid of all the junk I had been keeping since I moved out of my apartment in July 2009... gettin' close to that 2 year mark. Yikes. Also, when I have gone through the upstairs before, looking for things to give away, I would put them in a bag and set them downstairs to take to Goodwill but... never actually took any of it.

When all was said and done, we had THIS MUCH stuff:
(I stopped counting by item... it was a lot though!)
...to donate to the church for the sale! Great progress for the weekend, if I do say so myself! I'm sure there is more I could get rid of, but it was good for me to force myself to just do what I could and get rid of it, since I had a time limit. 

Now that a lot of the clutter is gone... it's time to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails