Thursday, June 26, 2008

'Cause We Rock

Those who know me may know that last summer I was slightly obsessed with HSM, to the point that we (CVP leadership girls + the Todd) stood in the office watching the scene with the song "We're All in This Together" so many times that we learned each and every dance move. (I WISH I had pictures to show you or a video or something, but somehow we never got taped doing it.) Anyway, it was AWESOME and we performed it during Friday Night Live several times.

Well, since that time, there has been a High School Musical 2 (which for WHATEVER reason, I still haven't seen...) and now Camp Rock. It came out last Friday (right after my surgery) and apparently I watched it but don't remember ANY of it. Well, so I thought. I decided to watch it last night and I knew all the songs. Like ALL of them. How does that happen? I mean, I know I was conscious when I "watched" it the first time, but I was so out of it that I didn't remember the plot line, but somehow I know the choruses to all the songs?

Let me back up by saying that I was the little girl that would sit with my dad and listen to whatever music he was listening to and by the time the chorus came around the second time, I was singing along. It was almost a party trick. Well, whatever gene that is, I guess still have it.

Camp Rock is another cheesy, made-for-tv, Disney movie, but I'm kind of a cheesy, made-for-tv, Disney girl. I dreamed last night that I was about 5 years younger... okay maybe like 8 years younger, and I got to be in a Disney movie. Ahhh. What a dream. To sing and do choreographed dances as a JOB for the rest of my life - sign me up NOW.

But alas, a cube awaits me. Oh, it's gonna be a cute cube, all decorated up and stuff, but it'll still be a cube. Until that day when Disney realizes my talent and what they've been missing, I'll be right here. Waiting.

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails