Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 12

I had my first REALLY rough night of sleep in a while. I was wide awake at 3:30 with a headache. :( Luckily my nurse came to "bug me" for vitals at 4 so I got some Tylenol and was able to rest a little more. 

Dr. McLelland came in early around 7:30 or so, and talked through our game plan for the week. I'm feeling more at ease with actually having Grace this week, but still not hanging all my hopes on it. At this point the plan is to check for her lung development on Thursday and if it is high enough, we will move forward with inducing. If I am not dilated at all on Thursday, they will give me Cervidil Thursday and pitocin on Friday (eek!). And of course if her lungs are not ready, then we will wait another week and check again.

They called for my ultrasound while Dr. M was still here, so she said a quick goodbye and I headed over. Dr. Adair found a 2x2 pocket of fluid, which apparently is a really big deal for pPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes), so that was great news! He wheeled me back over to my room and told me I needed to work on my "Ironside skills", which I had no idea what that even meant. He told me I'd have to look it up and blog about it. Haha! (It's true that I have ZERO wheelchair skills even after almost 2 weeks of being here...)

Then my mom came by and straightened stuff up for me - my fridge area is getting OUT OF CONTROL. Every day I'm getting 2-3 Silk single milks, a snack of banana, crackers, and peanut butter, and 1-2 Carnation Instant Breakfasts. I am not consuming this stuff nearly fast enough but I won't throw any of it away, so I've got quite the collection (along with my saved up salt and sugar). I'll have to take a picture of that tomorrow.  :-p

Then my SWEET WONDERFUL AMAZING friends FaceTimed me for MOPS!!!!! I was so excited to get to be a part of it today because I had asked Karen Alexander-Doyel to come speak to our group way back in August, and I never dreamed that I wouldn't be able to make this early March meeting (when I was due in MAY). Anyway, the joys of technology, I was able to watch the whole meeting! 


Then Vanessa came over to eat lunch with me and we went on a brief field trip to get me some Starbucks and CFA (are you noticing a theme of my favorite things to have while I'm here?!) and then came back and talked. It's so nice to have a buddy here at the hospital that can come hang out when I need a friend! (Love you Ness!)

Oooooh, and my beautiful flowers I completely forgot to take a picture of the other day when I got them! They are from my cousin Matt and his beautiful bride Natalie. Thank you guys so much!!

Jason came by after work and brought Taziki's for dinner... Yummmmm...

And we snuggled up and watched TV, FaceTimed our sweet boys, and now I'm waiting to be monitored at 11 so I can HOPEFULLY get a good nights sleep.

Another boring and uneventful good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails