Monday, January 23, 2012

We Are THOSE People

Last week, my boys and I went out to McKays bookstore to take a bunch of stuff (post to follow), but it was waaaay too crowded so we decided to go out to dinner instead. We hadn't been to Bonefish Grille before, so we decided to use a gift card and give it a try. Well, we had been seated, gotten our drinks, and were looking over the menu when... baby boy started to fuss. 

Okay, okay, no big deal. Let me just find the pacifier... Where's the paci? 

Hey babe, do you know where the paci is? 
No, I didn't put it in there, I thought you did. 

Alright, let's see, I know I have a "backup paci" in my purse. 
No? We've already used that and now it's probably at home too? Fabulous. 

Fussing gets louder... Mommy gets panicky. Heaven forbid that we are THOSE people with the crying kid in the restaurant. Quick... think think think. Give me your keys, I'll be right back. 

Yes, I drove across the street to the Walmart to buy a new pacifier 
so that we (and the rest of the place) could enjoy our meal in peace. 

Now we're not those people with the crying kid, 
we are THOSE people who would actually go BUY a pacifier to stop the fussing!! :)
Luckily, Jason said that while I was gone, Jack was an angel. He played 
in Daddy's lap, and just talked, looked around, and smiled at everyone.

What is the craziest thing you thought you'd never do for your fussy baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails