Friday, January 20, 2012

Tweaking a Blog Header

I recently re-vamped my blog! If you're currently in Reader, come check it out

I love creating new blog headers and having it match my current style/mood! Sometimes I find inspiration from around the web, and sometimes I just tweak what I have until it looks just right! As a matter of fact, I had one header up on the blog for a couple days... I wasn't CRAZY about it, but I couldn't figure out why.

This was the first draft of the header, and I just wasn't IN LOVE with it.
before
After a few days of living with it, I decided to go into tweak mode. :) I changed the background from being a full opacity gray, to being black and white at 30% opacity. I changed the main words to be white instead of dark gray, and I changed two of the pictures. 

after

Just a few tweaks here and there, but now I LOOOOOVE it! It makes me smile every time I open up the blog! And that is the goal! If you don't love your header, who else will??

So a question for my sweet readers is this: would you be interested in a personalized blog header? What would be a reasonable price for one? This is something I love to do, and I'd love to make them for my friends.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. You already know I want one! Actually, I need a total re-vamp like yours but I don't know how!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea.. I think we should go into a buissness together and do everything from headers to backgrounds. I make backgrounds (I started out back in 05 when I was making myspace backgrounds.. I even had a webpage of them) I never felt like charging was ok because I didn't realize that people don't know how. I figured they just didnt have the time.. but come to find out, not many people are "know it alls" on photoshop like us :) I love the header by the way.. Changing the color of the title made a huge difference

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails