Good things we have experienced through our 10 day power outage:
- We are safe, we are ALIVE, and our home is standing... so many others were not as fortunate
- I am SO THANKFUL for my friends and family who have made food for us and offered us a place to take a hot shower and do laundry. Otherwise we would be hungry and stinky.
- It has been cool at night (every night except for one), so we're able to leave the windows open and not die of a heat stroke
- It has been bright outside until 9 o'clock or so, so we don't need our flashlights too much
- It has been bright in the mornings when we get up, so we don't need our flashlights too much
- We have probably ordered pizza once in the year and a half we've been married, and now we've had it like 6 times in 10 days
The power being out this long has taught me some great things.
But it's still pretty annoying, if you ask me. :)