Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sanity and Smiles: February Recap

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
we will wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord."

You guys, I have quite the confession...

I did nothing on my list for the month of February.

Nada. Zilch. Zero.

HOWEVER, the Lord used this month to TOTALLY transform my heart. First of all, you know that we weren't able to find out if Baby Lawhorn is a boy or girl on Feb. 4th like we expected. I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!! Then we found out that it would be 4 more weeks before we could try again. The Lord really used this time to remind me that I'm not in control and that we will find out everything in His timing, not mine. "THY kingdom come, THY will be done."

Last weekend I went on a fabulous women's retreat with my church (this wasn't on my goal list because honestly, I wasn't planning to go!). I can't wait to tell you all about it, but the Lord used the weekend to continue to soften my heart and help me put things in perspective. When we went back to the doctor on Monday of this week, I was more excited about seeing my baby then finding out the gender. That was a really good place for me to be. (Can't WAIT to tell you if Baby is a boy/girl after our big reveal to our families on Thursday night!)

Anyway, let's get on with the goals:

Things that make me SANE:

*nothing - therefore I will spend the entire month of February as an INSANE person {hey - I did a great job on this one!!!!}

Things that make me SMILE:
*FIND OUT if Baby Lawhorn is a BOY OR GIRL!!!! {didn't happen on 2/4 as expected}
*... & throw a party to let family know! {didn't happen on 2/5 as expected}
*ban Auto on my camera, not ready for Manual, but baby steps {straight up, didn't do this = honesty}
*take a video at our get together on Saturday, use iMovie to make it cool, and share on the blog no later than 7 days after! {guess what? this didn't happen either!}
*dinner with 2 friends/couples {counting this as complete - I had lunch with Emily, Becca H., and Kristin at the beginning of the month and lunch with Mary Beth last week}
*read As Sure as the Dawn and 48 Days {did finish the Mark of the Lion series, but didn't finish 48 days. I read A Wrinkle in Time though!}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails