Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shopping to Save

Okay, my friends. This is monumental. This was my first real Publix trip. 

As one of my monthly goals, I wanted to save up coupons and do a good shopping trip by the end of the month. Granted, after I went to Publix, I still had to go to Walmart to get my regular stuff where the everyday price is cheaper, but I feel like I scored some GREAT deals at Publix on stuff I will ACTUALLY use!!

Yoplait Yo-Plus Yogurt 4pk - 2 for $2 - $1 off coupon - 2 for $0.50 each
Quaker Oatmeal - 2 for $3.71 - $1 off coupon - 2 for $1.36 each
Pop Tarts - $2.10 ea. - 50% off - $1 off 3 - 4 for $0.79 each
Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes - 2 for $1.25 - $1 off 3 - 4 for $0.38 each
Fresh Express Salad - 2 for $3.99 - $0.55 off coupon - 2 for $1.73 each
Fuji Apples - $0.99/lb
Cucumbers - $0.65 (they were $0.89 on sale at WM)

Total Spent: $15.04
Total Saved (according to receipt): $22.40

It took me a while to get coupons together and took me a while to decide what I actually needed (vs. buying something because it was on sale), but it was definitely worth it! A fun little Sunday afternoon project, if you ask me. 

I know Sarah R. uses coupons - anyone else??

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I LOVE getting steals like that. I actually look forward to Wednesdays and Sundays when the Publix, BiLo, CVS and Walgreens ads come out. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails