Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yummy Corn Chowder

Believe it or not, I really like to cook. Now, this meal doesn't really need a lot of skill, which is just about perfect for me, but it's a yummy fall soup. I thought I would share my $9.02 dinner (notice all the walmart brand stuff) that makes 8 servings. :)


1 can of sweet whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can of creamed corn
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of SOMETHING soup (I used chicken, you can use mushroom or celery too!)
1 can of evaporated milk
some ham
potato cubes or pasta (which I forgot to put in mine, but will do next time)


Cook the ham enough to fill your apartment with the smell.


And basically mix everything else together. If you just moved out and you only have two small pots, then mix it all together in your mixing bowl...

((look at my cute ice cream scoop!! IT'S A COW ASHLEY!!))
...heat up what you need... (boil for 10 minutes, then simmer for 20)


...and scarf it down before remembering to take a picture.


The end.

P.S. Yes, I drink my juice out of the bottle. I live by myself and feel that I have every right. (Oh yeah, and I don't like to wash dishes...)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think that I'll be borrowing that recipe--sounds like it was very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many does this feed? I love soup! Hey, I just wanted to tell you my friend Julie is coming down to see Alex next month. I don't know if you know her or met her, but you should. She's fun. See Alex much?

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails