Birth: 6lbs 8oz, 19 3/4 in long
1 Month: 8lbs 10oz, 21 in long
2 Months: 10lbs 12oz, 23 in long
3 Months: 11lbs 10oz, 23.75 in long
4 Months: 12lbs 7oz, 25 in long
5 Months: 13lbs 12oz, 25.5 in long
6 Months: 14lbs 14oz, 26 in long
7 Months: _____, ______
CLOTHES & DIAPERS
- Miller is in mostly 9 month clothes now! And as it's getting a little cooler, he is able to wear more hand-me-downs from his big brother, since Jack was wearing 9 month clothes in Feb/March.
- Still giving myself grace about not using cloth right now. I think I'm ready to start doing it, and then I... just don't. Lame excuse? Yes. Truth? Yes. (size 2 disposables)
- Miller has been on formula for about 3 months now, and I'm still not regretting this decision for our family. He is still on Nutramigen, but I'm going to ask if we can try another kind and see how he does soon. (The big container of our current formula is $36, and makes around 20 bottles, so if we could switch to a cheaper formula, that would be awesome.)
- He's eating about every 3-4 hours, and takes about 5-6 ounces each time which ends up being somewhere between 24-30 ounces a day.
- As of his 6 mo checkup, we have been adding a couple teaspoons of rice cereal to every bottle. I don't know if it has helped with him "chunkin' up" but he's gotten pretty used to the consistency.
- As for "real food", I am TERRIBLE in this department! I couldn't wait to feed Jack real food, and I have just been very inconsistent with Miller. Now that he's 7.5 months, he is a champ at being spoon fed, and has started picking up puffs too. (They rarely make it into his mouth, but...) He eats anything I feed him, but especially likes bananas and peas.
- He's still getting Axid twice a day for reflux. I should probably test and determine if he still needs to be on it, but I'm kinda of the camp that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Miller typically goes to bed about 7:30/8pm, sleeps for 3-4 hours, wake to eat, and then typically sleep until 7:30am. We are pretty much down to 1 feeding at night, so I can't complain!!
- The best thing in the ENTIRE world is this sweet boy's nap schedule. Mornings are kinda all over the place... He'll wake up around 7:30ish and then be ready for a nap around 9:30 or so. If we are home, this one is usually about 1.5 hr. Then BOTH of my boys go down for naps around 1:30/2pm and glory hallelujah - they sleep for 2+ hours!!!
- He started officially crawling this month! As of Monday, October 8th, he used hands and knees to move around the living room rug.
- He's doing a lot better sitting up by himself, but still isn't ready to be 100% "unassisted" yet.
- Miller loves to laugh!! He is a very sweet, happy natured baby.
- He still has no teeth (Jack's 1st tooth was at 7.5 months).
- Jack has been better about actually playing with him. He talks to him a lot "Yook at dis, brudder!" or notices things that Miller is doing "He's playing the music!" (on the exersaucer). I love watching them interact, because every time Jack notices him, Miller lights up. :)
Here's a video of Miller for his seven month mirthday:
And here's a side-by-side of my boys at seven months:
Have you checked out the new page on the boys?
Look at the side-by-side progression at the bottom!