Thursday, October 3, 2013

Hobbies and Health Lately

Obviously, by my million posts about Project Life, you see that I've found a creative outlet lately! :) I've been doing other things too, of course, like keeping a sweet 2 year old and a squirmy 7 month old alive. I've been back at church choir, after a long hiatus this summer (during my difficult season with Miller's dietary issues), and I'm sooooo thankful to be back! Of course, we're working on Christmas music, which is crazy, but lots of fun. Wednesday night and Sunday morning are some of my favorite places to be. God is always present in our time together.

Jason has been working out at Crossfit for a couples months and really loves it! Through that group, he has become more interested in the Paleo lifestyle. At first I was very reluctant, but now I'm ok with it, just not committed to it (yet). We've been making healthy dinners and stuff, but I haven't been strict with it the rest of the day, but J has! I'm proud of him for sticking with it, and for being patient with me. 

So that said, he bought the "Against All Grain" cookbook and we've liked everything we've made so far: mashed cauliflower, lemon-garlic zucchini, BBQ burgers, chicken broth, butternut squash soup, and my most favorite - banana bread! Mmmmmm...

I joined the YMCA last month! There is one really close to our house, and childcare is almost always available, so no excuses! (Well except for the "my kids are sick" excuse. But we're all better now!) When I go to the Y, I either do strength training (via the ActivTrax site/app), or I go to Zumba! I didn't know what all the fuss was about - I have several Facebook friends that do it regularly, and now I know why! It's fun, fast, and it will make you all sweaty. Which, in my case, is a good thing, since I don't tend to push myself with cardio on my own. 

Ok so we've covered my creative outlet, working out, Paleo stuff... Oh yes. My personal revelation that is not new to anyone. I've come to realize, if I don't have a plan for the day, I get nothing accomplished. Simple but such a revelation for me. One day this week, I made a really long to-do list (more like a brain dump of all the tasks that have been swimming around in there) and thought I would try to get one thing done during naptime. I ended up crossing like 6 things off the list! However, on the days that I don't have a list/plan, then even if I do several things, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. Plus, I'm the kind of person that likes to cross things off... are you?
(story of my life)

So there you go! Some of the things going on in my world lately! Stay tuned for "Clothes & Habits Lately", I know you're just DYING to know. ;)

What have YOU been up to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails