Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Baby Miller - Eight Months

Birth: 6lbs 8oz, 19 3/4 in long
1 Month: 8lbs 10oz, 21 in long
2 Months: 10lbs 12oz, 23 in long
3 Months: 11lbs 10oz, 23.75 in long
4 Months: 12lbs 7oz, 25 in long
5 Months: 13lbs 12oz, 25.5 in long
6 Months: 14lbs 14oz, 26 in long
7 Months: _____, ______
8 Months: _____, ______

(I know... I've been bad about keeping up with this! It's hard to take 2 kids 
to the doctor to get "officially" weighed and measured!)



CLOTHES & DIAPERS
  • Miller is in mostly 9 month clothes now! And as it's getting a little cooler, he is able to wear more hand-me-downs from his big brother, since Jack was wearing 9 month clothes in Feb/March. 
  • I FINALLY started using cloth diapers again on my boys!! Sheesh. I am such a big proponent of it, and I can't believe it took me this long to get back into it. I'm having a friend re-do the velcro on all my "hook & loop" diapers, so in the next week or so, they should all be working like new! 
EATING
  • Miller has been on Nutramigen formula for about 4 months now, and I'm still not regretting this decision for our family. :)
  • He's eats about every 4 hours, and takes about 6-7 ounces each time which ends up being somewhere between 24-30 ounces a day. 
  • As of his 6 mo checkup, we have been adding a couple teaspoons of rice cereal to every bottle, and he's gotten pretty used to the consistency.
  • As for "real food", I am still completely TERRIBLE in this department! I've just been inconsistent with feeding him big boy food. He is really good at being spoon fed, and has started picking up puffs too. He eats anything I feed him, but especially likes bananas and peas
  • He's still getting Axid twice a day for reflux. 
SLEEPING
  • (same as 7 mo) Miller typically goes to bed about 7:30/8pm, sleeps for 3-4 hours, wake to eat, and then typically sleep until 7:30am. We are pretty much down to 1 feeding at night, so I can't complain!! 
  • The best thing in the ENTIRE world is this sweet boy's nap schedule. Mornings are kinda all over the place... He'll wake up around 7:30ish and then be ready for a nap around 9:30 or so. If we are home, this one is usually about 1.5 hr. Then BOTH of my boys go down for naps around 1:30/2pm and glory hallelujah - they sleep for 2+ hours!!! 
AND...
  • He has been crawling for several weeks now!! Sometimes I forget that I can't just leave him in one spot and expect him to be there when I get back! Ha!
  • He's doing a lot better sitting up by himself. 
  • This week he has started getting up on his knees and holding on to the couch or the side of the pack-n-play! Miller is taking his 1st step towards pulling up!
  • He definitely found his voice this month. SQUEALING monster!!! He seriously screamed and squealed for almost a week, and then he started making more deliberate sounds. Ba, ba, ba, and blah blah blah. 
  • He still has no teeth (Jack's 1st tooth was at 7.5 months).
  • Miller loves to laugh!! He has the sweetest personality and feels like he has been part of our family forever.
Here's a video of Miller for his eight month birthday (it's longer than normal, but watch it because it's so funny. Jack decided to start spinning him around in the chair, and Miller LOVED it!):

And here's a side by side of both my boys at eight months:

Have you checked out the new page on the boys
Look at the side-by-side progression at the bottom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails