Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Women's Retreat Weekend

Women's Retreat
The first weekend in March, my mom, Jack, and I packed up to go to Townsend, TN for my church's Women's Retreat! I really wanted to go but since I'm still nursing Jack, he needed to come too, so my mom offered to come and watch him while I was in the sessions. Luckily he was an angel for her and actually SLEPT in his pack 'n play, thank goodness! :) 

On our way up there, there were all kinds of tornado watches and warnings, and we were a LITTLE scared about all of it, but the Lord protected us and all the women while we were there. Thunderstorms, hail, and craziness on Friday; sunshine and windy on Saturday; and snow on Sunday - what a weird weather weekend!

I didn't get a ton of pictures, but here's what I got:

Little man sportin' some shades.

Mom commented that Becca and I looked like twins (black jacket, sunglasses, jeans, and boots), while we were conspiring to get matching outfits for KJ and Jack! So we had to take this lovely photo op. :)
Later on Becca went back in to get another one for Crawford, so all our little boys can wear matching outfits! I'm sure they will love us for that when they're teenagers. Haha!

Then Saturday night, things got a little crazy...

Jenny had a ton of mustaches!! So we had to get in on the mustache action. Too funny!!
I'm glad I don't have one for real though... it kept tickling my nose.

It was a wonderful weekend that challenged and encouraged me spiritually. I made several new friends, hung out with tried and true ones, and spent some quality time with my sweet mama (thanks for coming mom!!). 

UPDATE: Here are a couple of the pictures that were posted on Facebook!
Playing a game Saturday morning that I was VERY BAD at!! :)

Sweet baby! 

A great group shot!! 
(Thanks to Sherry Rowan for posting these!)

V's Wedding Shower
On Sunday afternoon we went to Strawberry Plains (outside of Knoxville) for a shower for Vanessa (future sis-in-law) and Sam (big bro)! We had a great time there, but for whatever reason I completely forgot to take pictures! If I had, picture that Mr. Jack was being passed from one sweet aunt to another! :) Vanessa's family was so nice and loved Jack, so they're now all family in my book.

Seein' Sami in Knoxville!
THEN we stopped by Samantha's house since I hadn't been there before! We didn't get to stay long (and at this point, I was fading fast from the event-filled weekend), but I'm so glad we got to see her. Jack loved crawling around on her BEAUTIFUL hardwood floors (I'm jealous, btw.) Samantha is definitely one of my friends that we can go a long time without talking and still pick up right where we left off. I am so thankful for her friendship and how, even though we are in different life stages, we are still SO MUCH ALIKE and can relate to each other. Love you Sam!

WHEW!
All in all, it was a fantastic weekend (except for the yucky headaches I was getting each evening - BOOOO!!) I am so thankful for all the amazing women the Lord has put in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun!! And I've been able to be more involved in my church lately, so I knew a lot more people than I did last year. :) Love you friend!

      Delete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails