Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Whoa!! Monster Cookies!

I still need to recap my wonderful long weekend, but I thought I would share an AWESOME cookie recipe that I tried yesterday. They are called Monster Cookies and they were FABulous - thumbs up from all who ate them.
I followed her recipe, but halved it, and that was a great amount to have for a small get together and still have a good number at home to munch on. Here's my "halved" recipe.
Monster Cookies
(makes 24 BIG cookies)
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
1 t. lite corn syrup
2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
4 1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used more! probably 1 c.)
12 oz. bag M&Ms (I just picked out the blue and red ones to put on top like in the picture)

*Cream butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs. Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and corn syrup.
*Add soda and salt. Stir well.
*Stir in oatmeal 1-2 cups at a time. Batter will be thick!
*Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms (I just put the M&Ms on top).
*Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Squish a little so cookies will flatten while baking.
*Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
So this was the first time I used my new oven! (Haha, it's really true that I haven't cooked AT ALL in like 3 weeks!) And the oven we got has a convection oven option, so I decided to try that. I set the timer for 10 minutes because I had no idea how long it would take to bake them, and after 3.5 - 4 minutes, I happened to turn the light on inside the oven to see that they were already done perfectly and just starting to brown!! WHAT!? Craziness! So yes, people, I baked 24 cookies evenly in less than 4 minutes.
 
Boo. Yah. (Insert "the Ultimator's" voice here, aka CVP bad guy 2007)
 

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy, will have to try them. Garyn loves M&M cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails