Thursday, October 22, 2009

Two months and counting.

I am usually not this excited about Christmas THIS EARLY. You can ask my brothers.

There is just something about the newness and excitement of my OWN house to decorate! Now, last year when I was in my aparment, I got a small tree with little, "girly" ornaments , bright funky ornaments to hang across the opening into the kitchen, a wreath, this funky silver swirly tree thingy... I just went crazy. We'll use the little tree somewhere and the wreath for sure, but I'm not sure about the other stuff. Don't get me wrong - it's super cute and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to get whatever I wanted (read: bright funky colors) for a space that was all mine. [We'll ignore the fact that I left my decorations up until... April, was it? Longer?]

I've definitely matured in my... color choices, we'll say. (Though there is a lime green bedroom floating around our house... hmm... some things will never change.) I've become a more neutral palette girl, with pops of color here and there. Hopefully this will translate in my Christmas decor choices.

I love looking to people's blogs for ideas! I found this cute idea yesterday! How adorable is that?? And luckily for me, I have an extra pot lying around, so I may just try this soon. :)


If you get a few minutes (hours), look at BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes 2008 to see how other bloggers decorate for the holidays. If you find anything you love/want to copy this year, leave a comment with the link in it for us to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails