Monday, April 27, 2009

The Fastest Kitchen Remodel

Okay so Sunday afternoon, right before meeting Brandon and Meagan for dinner (they're engaged!!) I told Jason what an eyesore the stupid scalloped wood piece is above the kitchen sink. So he said, fine, I'll do something about it and started to rip it off to which, of course, I said "WAAAAAIT!!!!!! ........let me take a picture for my blog first."

Yeesh. He's gotta marry me too. :)

Anyway, here's the before:

(Please ignore the horrible lighting from my phone camera...)

And the after!!:


Okay, nothing too amazingly glorious, but I really felt like we did a house project! In 2 seconds!! Before we ever get anywhere with the kitchen, I am sure that I will tell you "what we're going to do" 100 times. And each time it will be different and in the the end it will be different than that! It's just how I roll.

TODAY my thoughts are: We're going to change the hardware (this is a GIVEN and will NEVER change) and possibly paint the countertops. Jason's mom found a great article on hgtv about painting countertops so we figure we might as well try, it can't get any worse, and if it's terrible, we're planning to replace them anyway. But if it's NOT.. then we'll save ourselves some money until we're ready to go all out. :)


Public Service Announcement: My goal (since we are officially at 103 days until THE DAY) is to blog every other day, so like 50 posts between now and the wedding. I'm gonna be honest, I don't think I can do it, but SURELY to goodness I can have SOMETHING to write about every other day!! This has been a public service announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails