Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wish I meant it more!

Have you ever said something where you wish you could mean it more than you really do? Here are some examples:

"Yes, Grandma, I love this reindeer sweater! Thank you so much!"
"Dad, you're right; we should keep looking for a car for the next 9 months." (okay, that one turned out okay!)
"Wow, Mrs. So & So, this dinner is wonderful. I sure love meatloaf."
"Everything's going to be okay, I just know it. You don't need to worry."
"It's not you, it's me." (hahaha! that's so bad...)

Anyway, so I was listening to a song this morning, "Simple Man" by Brandon Heath, and one of the lines is "Everything good in me comes from You." There have been times when I've said something similar to this, but do I really MEAN it? I want to mean it, that's for sure, because I know it's true. There's just that big 'ol stubborn part that doesn't feel like sharing that "good stuff". Anyone with me?

My homies and I (that would be the 3 of you that read this: B,A,E) have been doing a Bible study and I'm so bummed because I'm almost done. I've been really lucky that God has carved out 20 minutes in my day to devote totally to that. What started out as a chore is now one of my favorite times of the day. BUT now that I'm about to be done, what will I do next!? I've learned so much about myself and about my relationships (with God, friends, Jason, etc.) through this study. I definitely recommend it. (No Other Gods - Kelly Minter)

My coworkers should be happy that I spend 15 minutes doing the study before work everyday, because let's face it: I'm a big grouchy mess when I just come straight in to work and check email and get all caught up in the day after rushing around all morning trying to get there on time. It's even a nicer drive to work knowing that I'm just going to sit and chill for a little bit before the day gets started.

Do yourself a favor and let God carve out some time for you to spend with Him. And when you ask Him, REALLY MEAN IT!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. This is the truth, and I really mean it. I like this almost truth I say too, and at the time I think I do really mean it...i want God to show me the things that need to change. UHHH. I hear you on this...

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails