Thursday, December 6, 2012

I Drive a Minivan!

Every once in a while, I realize that I haven't caught you up on something that happened a while ago! On October 13th, we drove Jason's Explorer down to Jasper, AL to trade it in and buy a minivan!!
(Didn't this picture turn out so cute?! I love when Jack smiles for a family photo.)

You guys - I never in a million years thought I'd be so excited about a van, but holy moly! I am!! I joke that my "Mom card" came in the mail shortly after this purchase. :) We've had it for almost 2 months now and I'm crazy about it. It drives like a dream, very much like my Lexus (which we kept and now Jason drives - and thank goodness, he loves it!).

Here she is in all her cell-phone-picture-glory:

And yes, we now own two white cars. Ha! I remember when my parents were looking for a car for me (when I had my '89 Volvo), my "rules" were that I would NOT drive a white car or a gold car. Forget actually caring what kind of car it was, I was too caught up on color. And they found me a white car. And I've been in love with it for 7 years! And now we found ANOTHER white vehicle that I am ALSO in love with!

Okay, I have to brag on us for just a second. (If I can't do that on my own blog, where can I do it?) We had the opportunity to buy a completely loaded Nissan Murano the February before Jack was born. I reeeeeeally wanted it, but we had not been saving up for a new car at that point, so we didn't have much of a downpayment and would have been paying a LOT every month. We decided not to buy it, but put money away every month as if we did have a car payment. 

Well, I am THRILLED to say that we bought the van with CASH!!! (Dave Ramsey would be proud!) We pinched our pennies over the last year+ and found this fantastic one in our price range. God was TOTALLY in the details on this one. I am so thrilled that we waited, and we were able to get exactly what we need right now. 

And before I know it, I will have two carseats in this thing - crazy!!

3 comments:

  1. You guys are awesome. Great job being able to pay with cash. And it's a beaut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ma'am! I'm very glad we were able to do it. And now we are planning to keep this van for 10 years. Amen.

      Delete
  2. Does she have a name? My kiddos told me that cars have to have names -- so mine is Tia and my Mom's matching red car is Mia. :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails