Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October Goals

Last month's goals were focused a lot around revamping my wardrobe, and I'm definitely glad I got that area of my life more organized so that the every day task of picking out clothes is easier! This month, God has really put it on my heart to put more thought into what we're eating each day. Now, we are not going CRAZY around here and tossing out all the junk (yet), but I'm trying to make better decisions at the grocery store, so that our meals together are healthier.

Luckily, several of my closest friends have had the same desires placed in their hearts (and my hubby's on board!), so I'm not doing this alone. And luckily for me, Jason and Jack will both eat ANYTHING, so I'm definitely the pickiest one in the group. :) (One of my fervent prayers over the last week has been that God would change my taste buds so that I would like some of the healthy foods that I'm not currently crazy about - He cares about this stuff!!)

Last weekend Jason and I went to a Crown Financial Seminar at our church that helped us get our monthly budget back on track. We did a Dave Ramsey class before we got married and have been pretty good about staying on track all this time, but over the summer our budget kind of got away from us, so it was time to buckle down again So not only do I want to eat healthier, I want to do it on a strict budget!

Okay, enough chit-chat - here are my goals:

HEALTHY:
*Try to have at least 1 fresh veggie every night w/dinner
*Eat less junk :)
*Make a solid attempt at homemade bread!
*Stick to food budget

BABY:
*Take weekly belly photos
*HOPEFULLY find out if Baby #2 is a boy or a girl!!! (We don't have the best track record with this, but we'll see!)

2 comments:

  1. We are trying the same things regarding food and health. I'm trying no meat this month to see how my body handles it so that maybe I can cut back on it and start substituting other options. I ALSO want to make homemade bread-not only for budget (and health) concerns but really...what smells better than fresh bread baking in the house?

    Good luck-I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, what is it about this time of year that makes us want to eat better? Let me know if you end up making bread - I'd love to hear your recipe. Good luck to you too!

      Delete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails