Monday, October 15, 2012

Bread Fail

At the beginning of this endeavor, I didn't know that it was going to end in failure. :) But I took pictures in hopes of being able to share my "wonderful homemade bread" recipe with all you fine folks... So I'll hit the highlights and then hope that next time will result in MUCH better bread.


The local honey I bought at the Chattanooga Market this weekend.

wet ingredients

mixin' it all up after adding the dry ingredients

letting the mixer knead for me

about to begin the rising process

the recipe made enough for 1 1lb loaf and 12 dinner rolls

The finished products!

So here's what went wrong. First, I had one recipe in mind that I wanted to use, but accidentally used a different one (same website, but two different recipes). Then I didn't really think about the fact that it's been a long time since I bought yeast... so yeah, my yeast didn't end up working. And last, I used a 2lb loaf pan instead of a 1lb pan, so that resulted in much flatter bread than expected. 

My wrong recipe, flattened, unleavened bread is so dense and heavy... Still edible, but only just barely. :) 

Better luck next time to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Although your bread fell/fail (sorry) ...Yay for KitchenAid stand mixer with a dough hook!! :) I love my artisan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of all that you learned in this process! You'll be a bread-making queen before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails