Thursday, April 12, 2012

Right Now... :'(

I wrote this last night in a bit of an emotional state. At 10:00pm after almost 2 hours of him crying and trying to get him to go to sleep, I decided to feed him some cereal and fruit and would you know it, the kid was starving! I had tried to nurse him and he wouldn't eat, so I assumed he wasn't hungry, but I think that was the whole issue. He slept from 10:30 to 2:30 (4 hrs.), nursed and then went to sleep at 3am and JUST WOKE UP (6 hrs.)!! YAY!! 


I still wanted to share my thoughts below, because if you're a mommy, I'm sure you know how I felt last night.

Right now:

Jack is sooooobbing. Like uncontrollably sobbing. We are having night #2 of HORRIBLE sleep and it's only 9:30.

Last night he went to bed at 8 or so, then woke up at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 4:00, then up for the day about 7:45. My oh my. What a terrible night it was... And then tonight, he went down at 7:30 (earlier than usual) and slept until 8:30 and has been awake and crying on and off for an hour now.

Usually things are butterflies and roses over here (truly! we are so blessed!) but I am feeling quite discouraged tonight. I know "this too shall pass", but right now, it's feeling heavy.

In the last few months, Jack has been sick on and off, so while he was sick, I would cuddle and love on him until he fell asleep, because I didn't want him to cry too much. Then as soon as he would get over one thing, he would get something else. Last week he had double ear infections and took antibiotics until Easter, so theoretically he should be better. Theoretically I should be able to let him cry it out now, so that he learns how to put himself to sleep without me. Theoretically.

But he has been SCREAMING again for another 10 minutes while I write this, so I'm going back to try to comfort him. Please say a quick prayer. I know this isn't a huge deal in comparison to so much that is going on, but it is SO TOUGH right now.

Thanks friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails