Sunday, September 12, 2010

Closets and Chili

I had been thinking about the fact that I really needed to go through all my clothes and do a little re-org after reading Sherry's post about having a "lean closet".

So I pulled everything out and just put back what I know I will actually wear. AND - get this - I organized it. I have never done that before. It's always been the whole "push enough clothes to the sides so I can shove a handful of newly laundered clothes in"... anyone with me on that? 

Anyway, I separated out: dresses, skirts, shorts, pants, t-shirts, tops, long sleeves, light jackets, and heavy jackets.

And guess what? I can actually see what I own now!! And now I've got 2 bags full of clothes and bags to let my little sis go through first then take to Goodwill.

Yesterday I made chili and decided to "sneaky chef" myself a little bit. I bought a bag of broccoli and cauliflower, steamed them, then pureed them with a little water. I added it to the sauce and (after a good stir) it totally blended in!
(looks like guac)

I LOVE pasta in my chili (and hot dogs, but we didn't have any) so here's my lovely looking bowl. :)
It was really yummy and I couldn't even tell that the icky stuff was in there. I used about 1/2 of the puree in this and I'm going to use the rest in lasagna later this week.

Oh yeah - I got my haircut yesterday too! I really like it!! 
And it's growing on my hubby. :)

Before (haha):

and After:

Make sure to check back tomorrow because 
we have a SUPER EXCITING GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I usually organize my closet like that as well (with the exception of putting the seasonal things away) and I LOVE having stuff to donate! Plus it's nice seeing what you have, ridding of things you KNOW you don't or won't ever wear again-minimal clothing always leaves a "fresh" feeling on me, ya know?!

    And I dig the hair-very cute! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair looks great, and so does the closet

    I was planning to work on the closet tonight. Well, there's still time .=)

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails