Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1 John 1:1-7

I started going to a new Bible study yesterday.

Yikes.

I'm nervous but so excited about what God is going to do
with me and all the girls in the group.
We're memorizing 1 John.

Yikes.

Like, MEMORIZING. Remembering and reciting. Which isn't one of my strong points... but with His help, I know I can do this. And with your prayers and accountability too! :) So here's my memorization for the week:

1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes,
which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

2 The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the
eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.

3 We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us.
And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

4 We write this to make our joy complete.

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you:
God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
 
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness,
we lie and do not live by the truth.
 
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
 
One verse at a time... one verse at a time...
 
One of the coolest things that stuck out from yesterday was the prayer request time. Now typically, you think of every single tihng in your world that needs prayer, but you tend to forget those deep desires of your heart. The things that you secretly think are too big for God. Stephanie said "We only take impossible prayer requests here, because our God can do the impossible - we've seen it."
 
Oh buddy! I think I'm exactly where God wants me to be!

2 comments:

  1. Aw that's great Sarah! Sounds like a great Bible study to be a part of. Something that has helped me with memorizing verses is, I write out the verse three times each, while saying it aloud. My Mom has told me through the years that it uses several of your senses...writing, reading, sight and hearing...or something like that. And it has really worked for me! Yea, so anyway, hope the memory verses are coming along good this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I will definitely have to try that. So far, I'm not doing so great with the memorizing, so writing it and saying it may help... :)

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails