Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick Email Devo

Hey all - this is going to be a super quick post, mostly because I didn't have to write most of it! I don't usually read these email devotions I get from Proverbs 31 Ministry. I used to read them everyday but I got out of the habit of it. Today, though, I decided to glance at it and it talks about fear. I'm afraid of a lot of things, but I wouldn't classify myself as a fearful person. When I started reading through this, I was struck by this thought:
I've often wondered about the eleven disciples who stayed in the boat instead of stepping out onto the water like Peter (Matthew 14:33). Did they live with regret? I don't know. They did, however, miss an amazing opportunity to walk on water with Christ! Sadly, most people stay in the safety of the boat their entire lives and then wonder why life seems so empty, miserable, and dull. They go through life missing opportunities because they're afraid to really live the way God intended. What's Christ response to all of this? He asks "Why do you doubt me?" (Matthew 14:33). ...Dear Lord, I'm ready to get out of the boat by trusting You with my fears. Be visible before me so that my faith will be strong and doubt will flee. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
I've never thought twice about what the other disciples were thinking during this story! She goes on to say that as they saw him hoist a leg over the side you can almost hear them saying, "Peter! What are you thinking? Are you crazy!?"

I want faith like Peter's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails