Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Workin' 9 to 5, what a way to make a livin'!

Oh wow, that makes me think of Gill (aka Kaitlin) from camp last year!! Hahah. If you haven't seen any of those SNL videos, you should. (I searched for stuff on YouTube, but I'm at work, so I'll have to post the link later.)

Okay, so actually, I'm working 8-5, not 9-5. (Yes, I lied in the title.) And work has been GREAT! I'm really enjoying it a ton. I have this big thick manual, which should scare me to death, but actually it's like my favorite thing. It will definitely be my life line in this job. They are SOOOO organized which I love, so I have a list of goals for my first week, first month, and first 6 months, as well as daily and weekly to-dos. And since I love routine and consistency, I am all about it!!

I took a before picture of my office (I'll post later) but I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to post my after because I need to bring my plants in to "complete the look". I spent a chunk of money at IKEA for my cube and my room last week, but I still feel like the cube is lacking a bit. I think I'm going to take one of Jason's AMAAAAZING pictures from Canada, blow it up, and put it on one wall. I also still have to order some office supplies from here (letter sorter, in and out box, etc.) so that will take up some more space too.

I also will make sure and post a picture of my NEW ROOM!! WHOO HOO!! Okay, so my room isn't new, just a bunch of stuff in it is new. New bed, new sheets, new comforter, new pillows, new bedside tables, new lamps, new other super cool things I can't think of... Well you'll see soon enough. We didn't end up painting, which is kind of a bummer, but I really don't care at this point. (Hopefully I'll move out soon anyway!)

I had a great time this weekend, other than being SUPER sick on the 4th. I got to go to the parade with Dash that morning and then got really sick that afternoon and my migraine stayed with me until I finally went to sleep at midnight. Sadly missing the Signal fireworks show and hanging out with the fam/future Geyers. Saturday, though, I woke up totally refreshed and ready to go to Alex's bridesmaid's brunch! (I promise I'll post pics for this too!) Then later that day, Jason came up to the house and my ATL relatives came over, then the 2 of us went to his neighborhood's HUGE block party and ran into Emily and Brad! It was tons of fun and I'm really glad I was feeling well enough to go!

Well, that's all for now. Like I said, I promise to post pictures, hopefully tonight but definitely by tomorrow so you can all know what's going on in my life! You know, all 5 of you that read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails