Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekend Getaway

We decided it was time for Jason and I to go on a quick getaway and leave Jack with my mom for one night. It was tough leaving him, but I knew he would be totally fine with her - bonus: he was AMAZING and slept all night while we were gone!! :)

The reason I planned the trip was for us to go to the Blue Willow Inn for dinner! Jason's been before, and I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it, so Sunday evening we made our way over there.



Mmmm... yummy southern home cookin'!
Dinner was great (but quick)! Then it was back to the beautiful bed & breakfast where we were staying for the night. We stayed at the Ashford Manor in the Safari Room! It was so cool and had this giant map on the wall:


And the bathroom was really neat - it looked like an outhouse! In the most... cool way that an outhouse can look.

The beautiful Ashford Manor.


We tried to take a picture in front of the house, and one time we were too dark and the next time the house was too light!

And finally, a picture with the sawtooth shark... yikes! 

We had such a great time. It was so nice to have a quick getaway, but we missed the little guy! It was so great to have him back in our arms on Monday. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I didn't realize you live close to the Blue Willow Inn. I've been there before - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! We actually don't live SUPER close.. about 3+ hours or so. But definitely a great distance for a quick trip. Yummy food! I have the cookbook... I just need to make something from it now! :)

      Delete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails