Thursday, December 23, 2010

Selfish

In my 5+ years with Jason, he has only called me selfish twice. Both was around Christmas. (Once was yesterday.)

Now, what you may think is that I'm greedy with presents or something, but I hate to tell you - it's food related.

Every year growing up, my mom would give us chocolate oranges in our stockings! Do you know what I'm talking about? They are AMAZING!! So good. Sooooooo soooo good.

So a few years ago, I got one in my stocking (of course) and held on to it for a few weeks after Christmas. A "slice" here and a slice there. Savoring the yummy goodness. Then Jason came around asking for a slice. And another one. And another one. And, okay, I'm a nice girl, but I can only take so much!!

So I would hide it and be real sneaky when I wanted some, so he wouldn't know I was eating it and ask for a bite (or 20). So then he caught me and called me out on being selfish. The next year I got smart and got him one too. Fewer fights. Saved our marriage. :)

Another tradition in the Guin household is that my mom makes these FABULOUS chocolate peanut butter things - peanut butter in between two ritz crackers, dipped in chocolate. Be still my heart. So growing up, I had to sneak them from my dad, who got his own special stash that mom made him. Lucky dog.

So this year my mom made me my very own stash!!! Whoo hoo!! She gave it to me last night and said "These are for you guys!" ---- No, no, no, mom - I don't think I heard you correctly. What you meant was "These are for Sarah" right?

So in the car on the way home, Jason starts taunting me by eating a couple and I FREAKED OUT and said "DON'T EAT ALL OF THEM THOSE ARE MINE YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM ALL YOU BIG FAT MEANIE HEAD!!!!!!!" And can you believe he called me selfish? He said it was just like the chocolate oranges all over again.

This morning I went to make a little bag of them to take to work with me to snack on. But he hid them. I should have seen this coming. He hid the tin of ritz crackers. But I found them. Oh yes, I found them, you little rat. And I hid them from you. Muahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!

You thought this would be a story of redemption...

But I really am just selfish.

1 comment:

  1. I love these chocolate oranges, and now I am going to have to go buy one! lol! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails