Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Telling On Myself

Yeesh. I can't believe I'm going to tell you this. But it was either blog about it or risk Jason putting it on Facebook. For some reason, this seemed the lesser of two evils. :)

Remember last November when we got a new dishwasher?

Well, apparently, when I realized they were coming to install it, I knew I wouldn't have time to run a load of dishes first... so I took a garbage bag and put the dirty dishes in it and set it in the corner of the kitchen, knowing that later that day, I would re-load the NEW dishwasher and all would be grand.

You know where this is going, right?

Jason just found that bag. Of dirty dishes. In the corner. Of the kitchen.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!! At first I gasped - shocked at the fact that I could have EVER forgotten to do something so important!!

But ever since then, I've just been laughing.

Because come on - what else can you do but laugh at year old dirty dishes?

"Oh, THERE'S the whisk...."

Here's hoping you have a story to top mine. :)

6 comments:

  1. LOL! That's almost as funny as your microwave at work story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Oooooh my... it's pretty bad, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha oh my gosh that is too funny!!! I have a story, but I don't think it will top your's, but here goes: my older sister and I share a car, and everyday when we would get into it, we smelled this really foul odor...like one we had never smelled before. But instead of looking around at what it might be, we would just roll down the windows and spray perfume or something. Well a week at least went by, and the smell was getting worse! It was so bad we could barely see through our tears to drive! (okay, maybe not THAT bad...) So being the brilliant detectives we are, we looked in the very back of the SUV and there was a large black trash bag. "A BODY!!!" I gasped. No, it was just the leftovers of five Zaxby salads that we had put back there after a picnic we had had TWO WEEKS earlier. Talk about stupid. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I do not have one that is funny - though I've had my fair share of stupid. However, my MOTHER has a pretty good one. Guests were coming over, and she was doing the quick fast clean up - you know, where you shove the clutter anywhere out of sight. About a month later, at a well planned dinner party - without the quick fast clean up - Mom turned on the oven to cook the bread to go with the skillet meal she had just prepared. Ten minutes later, there was a burning smell. The dirty laundry she had placed in the oven a month prior was smouldering in the oven...with guests in the house, and my father spraying the oven with a fire extinguisher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEBRA!!! Oh my gosh - your mom and I are definitely in the running for some sort of award. :) That's hilarious!

    Courtney - yikes.. car smells always freak me out. You kinda hate to start looking for something because you KNOW you're going to find it. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious! This is something I would totally do. Was the corner out of the way? I'm just glad you didn't get pests.

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails