Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby Lawhorn {Week 8} - 500th Post!!

Wow. So I'm 8 weeks pregnant. That still blows my mind every time I think about it.

{I thought I would tell you what's going on right now and in the coming weeks, I'll post about when we found out, how we told our family & friends, etc.}
Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and
continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving
those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.
Symptoms
I have been exhausted. Completely exhausted! I try to head for bed by 9 o'clock every night now - sometimes earlier! This was one of the things that keyed me into the fact that something was "off" about me... I told Jason about a week before we found out, that I thought I may have mono because I could not shake how tired I was all. the. time. Once we found out, it was like ooooooh - that makes sense! But yeah, this has made even the most simple tasks a challenge. Loading and unloading the dishwasher - whew! I'm pooped! Moving wet clothes from the washer to the dryer - I NEED A NAP!

The other major thing I'm dealing with is hunger. I will be totally fine and then all of a sudden, I'm starving! No signs. No warning. Just an empty, hollowness that has to be filled immediately. :)

Cravings
I'm not really having any cravings, per se.. just things that are "fast". Take instant mashed potatoes, for example. :) I have never EVER made instant potatoes before - it is an unspoken sin at the Guin house, but I decided to grab a packet and my oh my. Cheesy potato goodness in like 2 minutes! Definite instant gratification for those times when the baby says I'M HUNGRY NOOOOOOW!

Missing
I don't drink coffee, so I haven't had to give that up. I switched all my hot tea to decaf (Constant Comment is my fave right now). I typically drink water when we go out to eat, but there have been a few times I've ordered or sipped on Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke. Mmmmm... But no worries - sips of caffeine will not hurt Baby Lawhorn. :)

Well, that's where I am right now! I will keep you updated as things change!!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful journey you are beginning! Good luck! Let me know if you need anything or have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing these stories! I am 18 weeks now so 10 ahead of you. So no nausea? I had a little with Garyn and a little more this time. I do get tired easy but not terribly bad. But the hunger thing, I am right there with you! I feel like I starve just about all day, but can't eat a lot at once or I feel miserable. I get so hungry if feels I am gonna faint and usually get nauseous. And there are not that many things that sound good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails