Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Grilled Chicken & Zucchini w/Pasta

Near the end of summer I found a recipe with chicken & zucchini {2 things I could eat every night} that I really wanted to try.
The first time we made it we grilled the chicken and zucchini on the grill, but last night we used the george foreman for the chicken, and I sauteed the zucchini in the pan (& then took it out) before I started adding the other stuff.

Grilled Chicken & Zucchini w/Pasta
{a.k.a. "honey, will you make that stuff with the gorgonzola cheese?"}
Ingredients
3/4 box whole wheat rotini
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise & diced into chunks
{her recipe called for tomatos, but I skipped that part.. sorry, hon}
olive oil
seasoned salt
4 Tbs. butter
spoonful of minced garlic {from the little blue jar}
2 cups half & half, warmed  {or not}
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
5 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled {find this near the deli counter at WM, not where shredded cheese is}
Recipe
*Boil the pasta.
*Sprinkle the chicken breasts with seasoned salt and grill till done, then slice.
*Sautee the zucchini with olive oil for about 10 minutes.
*Melt the butter in a skillet. Cook the garlic in the butter for a minute or two.
*Whisk in the half & half and cook for a few minutes over medium heat.
*Stir in the cheeses and let them melt.
*Mix the drained pasta, chicken, zucchini, and sauce together and serve. Makes approximately 6-8 servings.
The first time we made it, I wasn't crazy about it because the gorgonzola is a really strong cheese, but this time, I made myself a bowl and added several splashes of milk to it, to tame down the gorg. Next time I may go ahead and add about 1/3c of milk to the end to make it a little creamier/saucier. 

What was for dinner at YOUR house last night?

1 comment:

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails