Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Collector's Edition 1

"My dear, dear friends! I love you so much. I do want the very best for you. You make me feel such joy, fill me with such pride. Don't waver. Stay on track, steady in God." --Phil. 4:1 (Msg)

Alright people, you heard me talk about it a few weeks ago: I'm really enjoying ready parts of The Message translation of the Bible. I think it's really helping me get a perspective I've been lacking on the relevancy of Scriptures. It's like I've read a bunch of stuff before but I've just been reading it, ya know? And I read most of Philippians this morning and I'm finally grasping some of the things Paul talks about. God is good.


I have been SCRAPBOOK/PICTURE happy lately. Yes, I am a scrapbooker. And pretty proud of it. I love having the memories captured with random notes and things you wouldn't remember unless you wrote it down. I printed off a bunch of picture from things that have happened recently: weddings, Ponte Vedra, my birthday (so far), etc. and started making pages. Now I just need to go to Mamaw's house (my mom's mom) to use all her fun stuff to make the pages cooler!! Man, I love spending time with Mamaw. She's really fun but also proper. (Haha - she would laugh out loud if she read that.) She's gotten me really interested in geneology also, which I would love to sit down with her and talk more about.

When we were little, my brother (the Fireman) and I would always have tea parties at her house. We LIVED for those tea parties, and dadgumit, if she wasn't planning on doing it that time, we were SAAAAAAAAD. It was definitely one of those traditions I miss.

Since those times, I have become obsessed with collecting teacups and saucers. Okay but here's the thing...

...I only have like 3. ::gasp:: I know, I know. What kind of "obsessive collector" does that make me. Not much of one... But they're just so beautiful! Things like:

and just make me so happy!! (I'll take pictures of the ones I actually own soon and post those.)
Not a tea set, just the teacups. No, they're not practical, and yes, I'm very picky about which ones I like. (That first one YES, the second one I'm still thinking...)
I just thought you'd like to know about some hobbies of mine. Scrapbooking, taking pictures, (potentially) geneology, and (eventually) collecting teacups. Am I strange?
Don't answer that.

2 comments:

  1. two things for you-

    have you been to the english rose? seriously, talk about amazing teacups and saucers from ENGLAND! yes, it's super.

    secondly, the title of your previous post is on a canvas in my office because it's my favorite caedmon's call quote. :) hehe.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to make an amazing grandmother! Which means you have to be a mom first, but I hope you take that as a compliment.

    My grandmother's smoked Camels and had weird body shakes. You seem to already be on the rode to a more traditional sense of a grandmother. They were still cool and I learned NOT to smoke from them, but tea parties sound much more fun.

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails