Monday, August 26, 2013

Project Life: Wedding Album Pt. 1

So waaaay back in April, I told you that I was going to be doing a Project Life album this year, documenting the day to day events that can sometimes get overlooked. Well, I haven't kept up with it completely, but I am slowly catching up. 

In the meantime, I made a Project Life Mini Album with our wedding photos for our 4th Anniversary (August 8th)! You choose your album (I picked lime green) which has the dividers already in it:

then pick a mini album kit (they had this awesome wedding kit that is black and white cards):


...then print your pictures and put it together! The picking of the photos was definitely the hard part. I was trying to just go through and find my favorites, but the album is best suited for horizontal photos, so I needed a game plan. 

You may think I'm crazy, but I'm telling you - this was the way to do it! I made a little blueprint for myself and planned out every single page. It helped me figure out which pictures should go where and if I had a vertical picture that I loved, I put it into a template (in Photoshop Elements) to where it would print 2 different 3x4 vertical photos to put into the smaller sections. (Look at the picture below and then the actual pages even further down, to understand what I'm saying.)

I printed all my photos at Snapfish (I just use whoever is running the best special on 4x6s at the time), and then when they were delivered, it only took me about 1.5hr to put it together because I had my pages already planned! 

Okay, so here is part 1 of our wedding album - Engagement & Pre-Ceremony:



I have more pages from my wedding album to show you over the next couple weeks! 

I find myself flipping through it often and reliving those sweet moments! I have REALLY enjoyed doing PL stuff (promise, this is not a plug for Project Life - I just love it!), so check out the website if you're interested. They even have it at Hobby Lobby now!

Do you like the idea of Project Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails