Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby Miller - Five Months

Birth: 6lbs 8oz, 19 3/4 in long
1 Month: 8lbs 10oz, 21 in long
2 Months: 10lbs 12oz, 23 in long
3 Months: 11lbs 10oz, 23.75 in long
4 Months: 12lbs 7oz, 25 in long
5 Months: 13lbs 12oz, 25.5 in long


those blue eyes...


CLOTHES & DIAPERS
  • He's in some 3-6mo clothes but mostly 6 months now.
  • We took disposables again to the beach, and so he's about 50/50 right now. Okay, 75/25. :) (size 2 disposables)
EATING
  • Okay I feel like this all deserves it's own post, but for now, I will just say it here. Miller is 100% on formula now. After a loooong and exhausting 2 weeks of finding out Miller was underweight and then him throwing up a bunch, we made the executive decision to put him exclusively on Nutramigen (dairy and soy free formula).
  • He's been doing really well on it, eating about every 2 hours - doctor's orders. He takes about 4 ounces every two hours, which ends up being somewhere between 24-30 ounces a day. 
  • He's still getting Axid twice a day for reflux.
  • So the fun part of this 100% formula news is that I get to eat whatever I want!! I was dairy free for almost 3 months, and it really wasn't TERRIBLE, just something I had to think about a lot. Well, when we took Miller to the doctor before we started formula, the doctor we went to (and then our doctor too) said that they wanted me to eliminate soy too... This was like 2 days before we went to Destin and it's hard enough to eat allergy free at chain restaurants where their menus are posted online, but to go to non-chain restaurants and try to eat dairy and soy free? I would have been a stress ball. And guess what? I was already losing my mind... so we switched to formula.
  • I think I'll write one more bullet point about all of this. It was such an incredibly hard decision for me to make. I cried a LOT about it. I stressed a LOT about it. I had an actual anxiety attack in the midst of it all. Since I started bottle feeding him (I am 99% sure it was an overactive supply issue that was causing him to throw up, not what he was being fed; since I had started feeding him on demand, I think it threw my supply out of whack); anyway, since I started bottle feeding him, I have been so much less stressed. I know he's eating, I know how much he's eating, and I'm able to eat without thinking about it. It has been nice. But still bittersweet. I love nursing. I never anticipated to be done at 5 months. But this is what's best for us, and I'm glad God gave me the strength to make this decision.
SLEEPING
  • Miller has been doing pretty good at night! On our vacation, he usually only woke up once around 2am or so, but then the little stinker would be awake for the day at like 6am. Since we've been home, he's slept about 5-6 hour stretches at the beginning of the night and then 3-4hrs after that. Can't complain! (even though I totally do...)
  • He still sleeps in the Nap Nanny (swaddled) at night, and either sleeps in the carseat (on the go) or in his crib (at home) for naps. I think keeping him unswaddled during the day and then swaddling him at night, helps him recognize more that it's nighttime. 
AND...
  • He's constantly smiling and laughing now! Daddy loves to kiss on his neck and make him laugh like crazy!
  • He's been rolling over from his belly to his back, and loving tummy time! He's always moved around somewhere else if I leave the room and come back.

Here's a video of Miller for his five month mirthday:


Here's a side-by-side of my boys at five months:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails