Friday, May 24, 2013

Baby Miller - Three Months

Birth: 6lbs 8oz, 19 3/4 in long
1 Month: 8lbs 10oz, 21 in long
2 Months: 10lbs 12oz, 23 in long
3 Months: 11lbs 10oz, 23.75 in long


Not much has changed since Miller's 2 month update, just getting to know him better every day!

CLOTHES & DIAPERS
  • He's in 0-3mo clothes and finally able to wear some of Jack's stuff with short-sleeves! When I've been buying clothes (like a bathing suit) I've gone ahead and gotten 3-6mo. stuff so that it fits longer!
  • He's in cloth diapers about 50% of the time! I finally got our new diapers (Alvas) and we're still getting used to them. We still do disposables at nights, though.
EATING
  • He's still a great eater, eating about every 3 hours (just one side each time, for about 8-10 minutes). Most days I've got him on a predictable schedule for eating: 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 7pm & 8pm then bed. He sleeps better if he "cluster feeds" before bed.
  • He's still getting Axid twice a day for reflux.
  • I have been dairy free for about 2 months now, which has almost eliminated his daytime fussiness. I tried to eat some dairy a few weeks ago to see if he could tolerate it, but... notsomuch. So I'm staying off for the foreseeable future. [I'm also off of eggs now too - turns out his poor tummy can't handle them either.]
  • His colic is getting better, as is expected for a 3 month old. I think being on the eating schedule has really helped this! 
SLEEPING
  • Miller has been doing really great at night! I hesitate to even put this in writing, but he's been sleeping consistently 6-8 hours at the beginning of each night! AMAZING!! (Unfortunately, Big Brother has been waking frequently, so Mama's not getting ALL of that amazing sleep...)
  • He still sleeps in the Nap Nanny (swaddled) at night, and either sleeps in the carseat (on the go) or in his crib (at home) for naps. I think keeping him unswaddled during the day and then swaddling him at night, helps him recognize more that it's nighttime. At least, I tell myself that. :)
AND...
  • Smiley pants has laughed a few times lately! Of course for Daddy first, but a couple times for Mommy too! Can't wait to capture it on video!! (He's really ticklish, so I bet that's how we'll get him to laugh on video...)
  • He's discovered his hands and feet! He gets all cross-eyed and stares and we realize he's staring at his feet. So funny!
Here's a side-by-side of my boys at three months:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails