Monday, July 11, 2011

The POST Birth Story

In an effort to keep it real here on the good ol' blog, I decided that it's necessary to balance out my amazing labor and delivery story with the pain and uncomfortableness that followed. Now, be forewarned that if you don't want to know, then... you don't want to know. Feel free to skip this post and I'm sure there will be a fun baby picture post coming soon. :)

At the end of the birth story, I told you that Jackson's head came out and then the rest of him shot out super fast. While this was awesome at the time (since I couldn't feel it anyway), turns out the process was a little rough on my body... If you know anything about tearing, there is a 1-4 scale with 4 being the worst. I was a 3, so the healing process has been pretty rough.

My epidural didn't wear off ALL day long! I got it at 5:30am and at 7pm on Friday, I still couldn't feel my legs. In the days that followed, I have been in a lot of pain. Unable to get up and down easily, and needing pretty serious pain meds every 4-5 hours.

I haven't had any meds since Friday and feel much better than I have in the past week. But there are still moments when I am in pretty serious pain. And if I cough or sneeze?! Oh my goodness. That is MISERABLE.

It really is minor in comparison to what others have had to go through and I know that I am so blessed to really only experience this after-birth pain. Through all of it, Jason has been extraordinary. He foregoes sleep so I can get some, he does laundry, washes dishes, makes me food, and is just sensitive overall to my needs. I love him so much, and I am so blessed that God allowed him to be my baby daddy.

1 comment:

  1. I was a 3 too! Make sure to rest...I didn't because Kegan was in the Nicu--lets just say, It took me about 3 months to heal and I'm still not 100%!!

    ReplyDelete

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails