Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Last Night's Dinner: "Poppyseed" Chicken

For my birthday (which was on Aug.16, when we were coming home from our CRUISE) my mom put together this awesome cookbook with some of my favorite recipes from home. How sweet!! So when Jason and I went grocery shopping on Sunday evening, I planned to make two of the recipes this week: Poppyseed Chicken and a Mexican chicken casserole (that I can't remember the clever name of).


When we got home I went ahead and took the chicken breasts we bought and cut them up, boiled them, and separated them into two ziplocs for the two meals I'm planning to make. This was great because then I didn't have to cook the chicken when I came home from work - I could just toss it in!


(I decided to halve the poppyseed chicken recipe so since the original called for 1 tsp of poppyseeds, now it called for 1/2 tsp... and a container of poppyseeds was like $4. I'm thinking our "Poppyseed Chicken" will remain poppyseed-less.)




Here's the full recipe - it was sooooooooooooo good!!!

"Poppyseed" Chicken
3 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp of poppyseeds (TOTALLY optional) :)
5-6 chicken breasts - cooked and shredded


1 sleeve of Ritz crackers
1 stick of melted butter (so worth it)


--Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x11 pan, combine the soup, sour cream, and chicken (okay and poppyseeds, jeez). Put a sleeve of Ritz in a ziploc and crush them up, then pour in melted butter and mush together. Put the crackers on top of the other ingredients and pop it in the oven for 30-40 minutes (or until bubbly, as mom says).



Thoughts for next time:
Make a full pan (like the recipe I gave you) instead of half - we want leftovers!!
Either add rice to it or make rice separately and mix together at the end.
Come up with a new name since we ain't usin' poppyseeds...


*Tonight's dinner: Taco Salad (I'll let you know how it goes!)

1 comment:

Even if it's just to say "You so silly, Sarah" - please feel free to leave comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails